Red Light Therapy encourages mental and physical wellness.
Red light therapy is a type of phototherapy that uses red light to treat skin conditions. It is also used for pain relief, wound healing, and other medical purposes.
The use of red light therapy has been around for centuries. Ancient Egyptians used it to heal wounds and the Romans used it to treat skin conditions. In the 1800s, doctors in Europe began using red light therapy to treat skin conditions such as acne and eczema.
Red light therapy panel emits both visible red light (660nm) and non-visible near-infrared light (850nm) which provides various therapeutic health benefits which may include:
- increased collagen production
- increased blood flow
- reduced inflammation
- enhanced muscle recovery
- reduced joint and back pain
The best-studied mechanism of action surrounding red and near-infrared light therapy is the stimulation of mitochondrial energy production in the cells. Mitochondria are tiny organelles (organs within a cell) that produce the energy that our cells and bodies ultimately need. Red light therapy is thought to primarily cause its positive effects by helping the mitochondria create more energy.
All molecules and atoms absorb very specific wavelengths of light. The specific molecule within the mitochondria that is thought to absorb red and near-infrared light is a chemical called cytochrome C oxidase. Cytochrome C oxidase plays an absolutely essential role in transferring electrons down an electrochemical gradient in mitochondria called the electron transport chain.
The electron transport chain is what drives the synthesis of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). ATP is a complex organic molecule that is considered the “currency” of energy in the body. While biological energy is derived from sugar, the energy in sugar would damage cells if it was all used at once. Mitochondria use a chemical reaction called the Krebs cycle to generate charged molecules. These charged molecules then pass through the electron transport chain, ultimately resulting in the synthesis of ATP.
Red light therapy is ultimately thought to improve the efficiency and speed of the electron transport chain, improving the availability of ATP in the cells and throughout the body. This increased energy is what is thought to provide the many benefits that red light therapy is used for.
Natural red &near-infraredd light helps promote antioxidants which play a central role in reducing the oxidative stress associated with muscle fatigue. Tissues are receiving more oxygen and other nutrients important for healing while also ridding themselves of toxic by-products.
Link to studies:
850nm and 660nm light have a strong ability to penetrate deeper into the tissue, organs and joints making them ideal for enhancing muscle recovery and reducing joint pain & inflammation.
Link to studies:
The Red Light has been shown to boost collagen, smooth wrinkles, and enhance skin tone for an overall younger look.
Link to studies:
WHAT IS PEMF?
PEMF, or pulsed electromagnetic fields, is a holistic supplement that infuses your body with natural energy at the cellular level. The body may then use that energy to heal itself, assist with muscle fatigue, and enhance its natural recovery process.
This innovative holistic therapy mat provides the body with five therapy styles that promote a heightened state of general wellness to heal the body, mind, and spirit. This therapy mat helps to alleviate soreness, stiffness, inflammation, and discomfort by utilizing four integrated therapy styles.
- Hot Stone Therapy helps to soothe the muscles and relieve discomfort. By heating the gemstones in this mat, the heated stone surfaces impact pressure points on the body to further relieve tension. The heated gemstones also release far infrared rays and negative ions, relaxing and healing the mind and body. Additionally, these healing gemstones help make the body more receptive to the other natural therapies offered in this mat.
- Negative Ion Therapy attracts harmful airborne particles and erases them from your surroundings. Negative ions also work to counteract positive ion disturbances in the environment. This therapy style aids the body's detoxification and helps to cleanse the mind, promoting a heightened state of well-being.
- Far Infrared Therapy emits an invisible form of light that is commonly received from sunlight. If you've laid in the sun and felt its deeply penetrating heat, you've experienced far infrared rays! The rays emitted from this therapy mat penetrate 4"-6" into the body's tissues and can temporarily reduce inflammation, stiffness, and discomfort. This therapy style can also temporarily increase blood circulation at the site of contact, promoting healthy blood and oxygen flow, boosting your ability to fight off and prevent sickness, and keeping your organs in their best working order.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy applies electromagnetic fields to the body to stimulate an increased state of overall well-being. This therapy helps to counteract harmful exposure to electromagnetic smog. Its frequency is based on the Earth's natural frequency (7.83-Hz) and is most compatible with the body's natural biorhythms. PEMF Therapy improves blood circulation, helps decrease inflammation, pain, and swelling, and boosts tissue oxygenation. Additionally, this therapy style promotes joint and cartilage repair and may improve muscle relaxation and performance.
- Photon Light Therapy uses LED Lights in all the colors of the rainbow to naturally revitalize the skin, bestowing upon a healthy glow that radiates throughout the day.